MLAC stands for our founder’s initials Ma.Lourdes A. Carandang, but it also means:
After three decades of clinical practice, teaching and research as a clinical psychologist; and after mentoring generations of psychology students, I felt the need to form the MLAC Institute for Children and Families (now formally called the MLAC Institute for Psychosocial Services, Inc.) with my team of psychologists in 2010.
The Institute is founded on our solid belief in the innate truthfulness and honesty and wisdom of children. We strongly advocate for truth-telling.
The main goal of the foundation is to apply the scientific principles of psychology for the well-being of Filipino children and families, especially the poor, the disadvantaged and the traumatized.
I hope you will join us in continuing to accomplish this mission.
Dr. Ma. Lourdes “Honey” A. Carandang
National Social Scientist (1995)
Meet the MLAC Team
- Maria Teresa “Tess” F. Aguilar, MA, CSCLP, RPsy
- Christopher Franz “Chris” A. Carandang, PhD, RPsy
- Olivia “Olive” P. Carandang, PhD, RPsy
- Marie Tessibeth T. Cordova, PhD, RPsy, RPm
- Ma. Blesila “Bless” de Guzman-de Asis, MA, CSCLP, RPsy
- Rosalea Cornelia “Uzi” A. de Leon, MA, PhD Cand, RPsy
- Anna “Nine” L. Lopez
- Maria Belinda “Bebeth” Morales, MA, CSCLP, RPsy
- Hannah Misha M. Morillo, MA
- Rachel Ann “Richie” R. Parr, PhD, CSDP
- Jessa Marie “Jerie” B. Quintana
- Josephine “Jo” Salonga
- Ma. Fiona Ella “Dindi” G. Sandoval, MA, RPsy
Watch our Video below.